This is a guide to the Moodle 'Blogs' feature, which allows anyone to create text posts featuring comment, opinion, instruction, or anything you wish to write as a blog.
This refers to Moodle 3.6 from July 2019 onward
Moodle does have a blog feature, but for blogs to be visible to fellow students they must be visible to all users of Moodle.
More on Moodle blogs
A Forum can be used within a particular course or module for students to keep blogs or learning journals.
- Each has their own "thread"
- Users can post via email, and use all the other features of forums.
- They and teachers can respond to one another
- Teachers and students in the course can subscribe to the blog threads.
- The blogs are private to the users in that particular course.
How to: add a Moodle forum for use as a blog or learning journal
- Click + Add an Activity or Resource
- Select Forum
- And Add
- Give the forum a name and a description
The description should include the detail students need to understand what to use their blogs for, how to post, and how to respond.
- Under Forum type choose Each person posts one discussion
- Select subscription (and other) options as appropriate (recommended: Optional Subscription)
- Click Save and Return to module
The following other resources are also relevant to this topic: