Video files can be too large to upload, when this happens one solution is to create a new smaller version by converting the video from one 'encoding profile' to another.
To produce smaller versions of video files follow the step-by-step guide below and watch the video demonstration.
- Download https://handbrake.fr/
- Install (double click downloaded file)
- Run (double click application icon)
- Open Original Video File (click Open Source)
- Select Preset (click presets on right hand side) OR Import UoN Preset (download linked file, click cog beneath presets and select import, then click on preset name)
- Set Output Name and Location (click Browse next to Destination)
- Click Start
- Watch Progress Bar Finish
- Check Output File Size and Playback
- If the resultant file is too big return to step 5 and try increasing the RF number (Reduction Factor) e.g. 28.
Handbrake on Windows:
Handbrake on OSX:
There is no content with the specified labels