Moodle Help & Support (Staff)
This refers to Moodle 3.11 from August 2022 onwards
- Navigate to the relevant module and click on the 'Moodle Assignment'.
- Select 'View all submissions' under the Grading Summary tab.
3. The next page is the student submission information table. Select all students who have submitted for grading. It may be quicker to click 'Select All' and untick those who have not submitted.
4. Scroll to the bottom and from the "With selected…" dropdown menu select 'Lock submissions' and then press 'Go'
5. A pop-up message will appear asking if you want to lock all selected submissions. Press 'OK'.
The submissions will now be locked. This is very important because it bans students from resubmitting any more versions of their assignment.
6. Once that is done press the 'Grade' button of a student you wish to mark.
7. On the student's submission information page, click on the assignment attachment so you can download and read it or, if it is a media submission, you can play it from this screen by clicking the play button.
8. When you are ready to mark, navigate to "Grade out of 100" and input your score.
9. If you have enabled "Feedback comments" you will be able to type your feedback directly into the textbox provided.
10. If you have enabled "Feedback Files", you will be able to upload a feedback sheet (that you have already prepared offline) by drag-dropping it into the available upload box.
11. If you are happy that you have completed your marking, click Save changes.
N.B. You can use the 'Reset' button to start again as it will remove all scores/feedback comments and attached feedback files.
12. Use the "Change User" box at the top-right of the screen to move on to the next students. You can do this by using the 'Blue navigation triangles' OR by typing the beginning of the student's name.
Alternatively, you can click on the 'Black triangle' (downward facing) and select a student from the drop-down menu.
If you need to access the Moodle assignment settings then you can do so by clicking on Edit option on the 'Cogwheel icon' located in the top-right corner of the assignment activity.
2. Scroll down to Feedback Types if you wish to add or remove the feedback settings described above.
Releasing student marks
Begin by accessing the student submission information table: Moodle Assignment > Grading Summary > View All Submissions
From there, scroll down to the Options and set Assignments per page to All. This gives you the power to release as many of the marks as you wish, instead of a predesignated number.
3. 'Select All' of the students if you wish to release all of the marks together, or use the checkboxes to make a selection.
4. Scroll down to "With selected..." and opt for 'Set marking workflow state' from the dropdown menu and select 'Go'.
5. Click 'OK' on the popup that follows.
6. The next page will list all of the students that you have selected. To release the marks, set "Marking workflow state" to 'Released' and "Notify Students" to either 'Yes' or 'No'.
7. Click 'Save changes' to release the marks.
Moodle Assignment: Online Marking using Feedback Comments
Moodle Assignment: Marking adding Individual Feedback Files
The following other resources are also relevant to this topic: