Video files can be too large to upload, when this happens one solution is to create a new smaller version by converting the video from one 'encoding profile' to another.
There is much software to achieve this, but the following guide uses Handbrake as it is cross platform, free, and actively developed.
To produce smaller versions of video files using Handbrake follow the step-by-step guide below and watch the video demonstration.
- Download https://handbrake.fr/
- Install (double click downloaded file)
- Run (double click application icon)
- Open Original Video File (click Open Source)
- Select Preset (click presets on right hand side) OR Import UoN Preset (download linked file, click cog beneath presets and select import, then click on preset name)
- Set Output Name and Location (click Browse next to Destination)
- Click Start
- Watch Progress Bar Finish
- Check Output File Size and Playback
- If the resultant file is too big return to step 5 and try increasing the RF number (Reduction Factor) e.g. 28.
Handbrake on Windows:
Handbrake on OSX: