Moodle Help & Support (Staff)
This refers to Moodle 3.2 from September 2017 onward.
Please note: To mark assignments submitted to a Turnitin dropbox in Moodle offline you need an iPad or an iPhone and the Turnitin app. The app does not work well where multiple markers are used to mark assignments. This is because the app does not have any group filter functionality.
Before using the iPad/iPhone
- On your desktop computer go to your module and click on the Turnitin assignment you wish to mark.
- Click on the blue pencil of any of the assignments to launch Feedback Studio.
- In Feedback Studio press the i button which is the button at the bottom. This will launch a pop-up window. Press the Generate Code button.
- A code will then appear. You will need to write down this code. Once that is done you can close Feedback Studio.
Accessing submissions via your iPad/iPhone
- On your iPad ensure that you have the Turnitin app installed. Launch the app and once loaded press the Log in with Access Code button. Enter the code you wrote down and then press Log In located in the top-right of the screen.
- Tap the module to get access to it.
Then tap the assignment you wish to access.
- You will be taken to the assignments area. To download the submissions tap on the blue downward facing arrows of each student's submission. Once they have downloaded the blue arrows will disappear.
If you have download the assignments then you do not need internet connection to mark. You can do this 'offline' if you wish. The marks and feedback will re-sync when you connect back to the internet.
- Tap on the person you wish to mark to load up the marking screen.
- The assignment will load allowing you to review it. Towards the top-left there are 3 icons to use.
1 - Tapping this icon will launch a new screen which will allow you to enter a mark and general feedback (see below)
2 - Tapping this icon will launch a new screen which will allow you to enter a mark and general feedback (see below)
3 - Tapping this icon will open up the similarity score.
- If you wish to add a comment directly on the assignment you can do so by tapping on the screen where you would like the comment to appear.
- When you are ready to give a mark tap the --/100 icon towards the top-right. This will launch a new screen, tap Edit Grade to enter a score. If you want to add general comments tap the pencil icon towards the right, this will then enable you to type comments in the Text Comment text box. If you wanted to provide feedback via an audio recording tap the circle icon located to the left of Voice Comments. Please note that there is a three minute limit.
- The next time you have an internet connection the marks and feedback will sync to Moodle. If the scores do not appear then press the Refresh Submission link located within the Turnitin assignment in Moodle.
- The iPhone version follows the same instructions but the layout is slightly different (see image below).