This is one of many help and support pages that are available about the University of Nottingham's Moodle online learning environment. If you have any questions or queries concerning Moodle then contact information is at the bottom of every page.
Moodle Help & Support (Staff)
This refers to Moodle 4.1 from December 2023 onward.
Please note: To mark assignments submitted to a Turnitin dropbox in Moodle offline you need an iPad or an iPhone and the Turnitin app.
The app is NOT recommended where multiple markers are used to mark assignments.
This is because the app does not have any group filter functionality, and because it is possible to overwrite others' marking if careless.
Before using the iPad/iPhone
- On your desktop computer, go to your Moodle module and click on the Turnitin assignment you wish to mark.
- Click on the blue pencil of any of the assignments to launch Feedback Studio.
2. In Feedback Studio press the 'i' button. This will launch a pop-up window.
3. Enter your 'Email address' in the "Feedback for iOS" section then enter it again to confirm.
4. Click on the 'Email me' button
Important: Make sure that you have the most recent version of Feedback Studio installed on the iPad. (Update it from the App Store)
5. You will receive a class link via email. From the email, select the 'Add class' button to add the class to the app.
Accessing submissions via your iPad/iPhone
- Once you have added the class to the Turnitin app using the steps above, you will find the class appears in your app. Click into the class you wish to mark.
- Tap the assignment you wish to access.
4. You will be taken to the assignments area. To download the submissions tap on the blue downward facing arrows of each student's submission. Once they have downloaded the blue arrows will disappear.
If you have downloaded the assignments then you do not need a network connection to mark. You can do this 'offline' if you wish.
The marks and feedback will re-sync when you next have a network connection.
- Tap on the name of the student whose work you wish to mark to display the marking screen.
2. The assignment will load allowing you to review it. Towards the top of the screen there are 3 icons.
1 - '--/100' icon - Tapping this icon will launch a new screen which will allow you to enter a mark.
2 - Summary comment - Tapping this icon will launch a new screen which will allow you to enter general feedback.
3 - Similarity -Tapping this icon will open up the similarity score.
3. If you wish to add a comment directly on the assignment you can do so by tapping on the screen where you would like the comment to appear.
4. When you are ready to give a mark tap the '--/100' icon towards the top-right and enter a score.
5. If you want to add general comments tap the Summary Comment link, this will then enable you to type comments in the "Comment" text box.
6. If you wanted to provide feedback via an audio recording tap the 'Voice comment' icon. Please note that there is a three minute limit for audio comments.
The next time you have an internet connection the marks and feedback will sync to Moodle. If the scores do not appear then press the Refresh Submission link located within the Turnitin assignment in Moodle.
The iPhone version follows the same instructions.