This is one of many help and support pages that are available about the University of Nottingham's Moodle online learning environment. If you have any questions or queries concerning Moodle then contact information is at the bottom of every page.
This refers to Moodle 4.1 from December 2023 onwards
Moodle Help & Support
How to add a reading list to a module
If a module is listed in Campus Solutions, then there are two very simple ways to make your reading list available in the module.
First set up your reading list in Talis Aspire
Here are the instructions for the reading list system.
UK: Please refer to the support information and videos on the UNUK library website.
China: Please refer to the support information on UNNC library website,
Malaysia: Please refer to the support information on the UNM library website
Second: add the Reading List to your module
How to add your Reading List to the main part of your Moodle page
In your module:
- Enable editing with the 'Edit mode' slider in the top right corner.
- Near where you want the reading list, click on the 'Add an activity or resource' button.
- Click on the words 'Reading list (UK)' (or the relevant button for China or Malaysia as appropriate). You will be taken to the 'Adding a new External tool' screen.
- Click on the Select content button which is located within the 'General' section.
- You will be taken to a new page and asked to authenticate in 'Talis': click on 'Start'. You may need to scroll down to see the Start button.
- This will open a new screen where you will need to enter your University of Nottingham credentials to log in.
- Click on Finish authentication process.
- Your reading list may appear automatically under suggested lists: otherwise, search for the name or code, until it is offered, then click on either Embed list (this will add the whole list) or Select section. (If you have arranged your reading lists into sections on Talis and want to link to just one section at a time on Moodle).
- Once you have made your selection, you will be taken back to the “Adding a new External tool” screen. It is possible to edit the Activity name if you want to. Other settings can be left as default.
- Click 'Save and display'.
- When you have finished editing, disable editing using the 'Edit mode' slider in the top corner.