This refers to Moodle 3.2 from September 2017 onward
How do I move files from one folder to another?
- Navigate to the Moodle module you are want.
- Click on the Turn editing on button (top right)
- Click on the name of the folder you wish to move the contents of.
- At the bottom of the screen is a button marked ‘Edit’, click on this. A new screen will appear.
- Click on the ‘download all’ button, and a zip file will be generated containing all the files in that folder. Download this.
- Now, go to the folder you wish to move the files to and click on the Edit button. Now click on ‘Add…’, which is the first button shown on the image above and upload the ZIP file. Once uploaded it will appear with a square icon next to its name. Click on this icon and choose unzip. The files in the zip file will appear.
- Now choose the same square icon next to the zip file and choose delete. Click on Save changes
- You can delete the files that are in the folder that you wanted to move the files from by going into the folder, selecting edit and then a file that you want to delete. When a file is selected you will see an option to delete the file.