This is one of many help and support pages that are available about the University of Nottingham's Moodle online learning environment. If you have any questions or queries concerning Moodle then contact information is at the bottom of every page.
This refers to Moodle 3.11 from August 2022 onwards
In your profile there is a setting to get Moodle to mark new forum posts for you:
- Go to your dashboard by clicking 'University logo' on the top left
- Open your personal menu and click 'Preferences'
3. Click Forum preferences
4. Under "Forum tracking" ensure it is set to 'Yes: highlight new posts for me'
5. Click on the 'Save Changes' button at the bottom of the page to update your preferences
You will then see new posts highlighted in a number of ways, for example on the main module page:
or when you go into the forum:
To receive an email every time someone posts
This means that you will receive an email (either every time someone posts or once a day, depending on your profile settings)
- On the 'Forum preferences' (see steps 1-3 above), ensure that the "Forum auto-subscribe" should be set to 'Yes: when I post, subscribe me to that forum discussion'
2. When you have completed changes, click the 'Save changes' button