This is one of many help and support pages that are available about the University of Nottingham's Moodle online learning environment. If you have any questions or queries concerning Moodle then contact information is at the bottom of this one-page sheet. Please browse or use the SEARCH box below.
This refers to Moodle 3.4 from July 2018 onward
In your profile there is a setting to get Moodle to mark new forum posts for you:
- Go to your dashboard by clicking University logo on the top left
- Open your personal menu and click Preferences
- Click Forum preferences
- Under Forum tracking ensure it is set to highlight new posts
You will then see new posts highlighted in a number of ways, for example:
To receive an email every time someone posts
This means that you wll receive an email (either every time someone posts or once a day, depending on your profile settings)
- Still in the Forum preferences page:
- Forum auto-subscribe should be set to 'Yes: when I post, subscribe me to that forum'
When you have completed changes to your Profile click on the Update profile button.
IMPORTANT: If you are subscribed, you will receive an email every time someone posts BUT you will no longer see the new posts highlighted in Moodle - the two settings are mutually exclusive.