This is one of many help and support pages that are available about the University of Nottingham's Moodle online learning environment. If you have any questions or queries concerning Moodle then contact information is at the bottom of this one-page sheet. Please browse or use the SEARCH box below.
This refers to Moodle 3.6 from July 2019 onward
How to: export a sign-up list from the Signup Sheet tool
Exporting to a CSV file
In a Signup Sheet activity with several slots created:
- Navigate to the relevant module and select the Signup Sheet activity.
- On the placement screen choose Export as CSV to send the requested file to your downloads folder.
Importing the CSV file into Excel
- Once in Excel, choose File > Open and navigate to your downloads folder. then Open, then find the Downloads folder.
- You might not see the CSV file immediately. Use the drop-down menu in the bottom-right of the Open window and change the setting to All Files. The CSV should then appear in the folder menu.
- Click Open, which will take you to the Text Import Wizard, then select Delimited > Comma > Finish.
Your CSV will now open as an Excel spreadsheet that you can edit and customise, as you wish, before sending to students or colleagues.