This is one of many help and support pages that are available about the University of Nottingham's Moodle online learning environment. If you have any questions or queries concerning Moodle then contact information is at the bottom of every page.
- In your module select the Turn editing on button located towards the top right of the screen.
- Select the + Add an activity or resource link in the relevant section.
- From the pop-up window select the Timed document release (it’s a Resource).
- You will then see the settings page.
Within the settings page enter a title within ‘Name’.
NOTE: If adding an exam paper it is recommended to use a standardised format, e.g.,
Exam Paper <module code> <month of exam period> <year>. This will make it easier for the student to understand that the document to be revealed is the exam paper.
- Within the ‘Release time’ section check the ‘Enable’ tickbox and then set the date and time when the document will be made available to students. Once this date and time has been reached the document will automatically be visible to students.
- Within the ‘Content’ section add the document in the ‘Files’ section by either dragging and dropping in the ‘Files’ area or uploading it by selecting the button located in the top-left, as usual with files.
- Within the ‘Display contents’ section select ‘On a separate page’ from the dropdown menu and it is recommended all default options remained ticked.
- Select the ‘Save and return to module’ button.
- Back on the Moodle page you will see the Timed document release set up where chosen.
A student who selects the Timed document release will see the date and time the document will be available, a countdown timer and a message that reads:
‘Please do not refresh your browser. You will be able to access <name of Timed document release> automatically at the end of the countdown.’
The student will not see the file until the date and time has been reached.