This is one of many help and support pages that are available about the University of Nottingham's Moodle online learning environment. If you have any questions or queries concerning Moodle then contact information is at the bottom of every page.
- Go to your forum
- Click on the 'Cogwheel' icon and select 'Edit settings'
3. Scroll down to the ‘Whole Whole forum grading’ and grading and click on it. This will expand the section
4. If you haven’t already choose a Grade "Type". Select either 'Point' or 'Scale' from the dropdown
7. This will open the Advanced grading page. You have the choice to 'Define new grading from scratch' to create a new rubric or 'Create new grading form from a template' if you already have a rubric you want to use. Select which suits your needs.
8. Enter When you click on 'Define new grading from scratch', enter a "Name" for the rubric (and "Description" if required)
The screenshot below shows a blank criterion with 3 levels and the number of points for each level
9. Edit the name of the criterion and levels as required by clicking on "Click to edit criterion" / "Click to edit level" and click on the 'Add level' button to add new levels if needed. You can also update the points for each level.
10. Add one or more new criterion for any elements that need to be assessed.
The graphic above shows that the Knowledge criterion has a greater weighting than the one for Understanding.
as many criterion as you need to assess
11. You can set the "Rubric options" to control how and when the rubric is displayed (see below).
12. You can either 'Save the rubric as a draft' or 'Save it and make it ready'.
Alternatively, you can set up your rubric when you create your forum initially by choosing 'Rubric' from "Grading method"
Marking a forum using a rubric
5. If you want to notify the student of the grading select ‘Yes’ from the Notifications email
6. Click on the 'Arrow' icons to navigate to the next student or uses the 'Magnifying glass' icon to search for a particular student