This is one of many help and support pages that are available about the University of Nottingham's Moodle online learning environment. If you have any questions or queries concerning Moodle then contact information is at the bottom of this one-page sheet. Please browse or use the SEARCH box below.
- Navigate to the relevant module and click on the Moodle Assignment.
- Select View all submissions under the Grading Summary tab.
- The next page is the student submission information table. Select all students who have submitted for grading. It may be quicker to Select All and untick those who have not submitted.
Scroll to the bottom and from the From the With selected… dropdown menu select Lock submissions and then press Go.
A pop-up message will appear asking if you want to lock all selected submissions. Press OK.
The submissions will now be locked. This is very important because it bans students from resubmitting any more versions of their assignment.
Once that is done press the Grade button of a student you wish to mark.
- On the student's submission information page, click on the assignment attachment so you can download and read it.
- When you are ready to mark, navigate to Grade out of 100 and input your score.
- If you have enabled Feedback comments you will be able to type your feedback directly into the textbox provided.
- If you have enabled Feedback Files, you will be able to upload a feedback sheet (that you have already prepared offline) by drag-dropping it into the available upload box.
- If you are happy that you have completed your marking, click Save changes.
- N.B. You can use the Reset button to start again as it will remove all scores/feedback comments and attached feedback files.
- Use the Change User box at the top-right of the screen to move on to the next students. You can do this by using the blue right/left triangles OR by typing the beginning of the student's name.
- Alternatively, you can click on the black triangle (downward facing) and select a student from the drop-down menu.
- Return to the Assignment main page by clicking on its Name in the top left (see above).
If you need to access the Moodle assignment settings then you can do so by clicking on the cog icon located in the top-right corner.
- Scroll down to Feedback Types if you wish to add or remove the feedback settings described above.
Releasing student marks
Begin by accessing the student submission information table: Moodle Assignment > Grading Summary > View All Submissions.
- From there, scroll down to the Options and set Assignments per page to All. This gives you the power to release as many of the marks as you wish, instead of a predesignated number.
- Select All of the students if you wish to release all of the marks together, or use the checkboxes to make a selection.
- Scroll down to With selected... and opt for Set marking workflow state > Go before clicking OK on the popup that follows.
- The next page will list all of the students that you have selected. To release the marks, set Marking workflow state to Released and Notify Students to either Yes or No.
- Click Save Changes to release the marks.
The following other resources are also relevant to this topic:
Content by Label showLabels false showSpace false cql label = "moodle_assignment"