This is one of many help and support pages that are available about the University of Nottingham's Moodle online learning environment. If you have any questions or queries concerning Moodle then contact information is at the bottom of this one-page sheet. Please browse or use the SEARCH box below.
This refers to Moodle 3.2 4 from Sept 20172018
Grades 5 - Adding Categories and Managing Grades
If you have several columns in the grades tool it can be helpful to organise them, so for example you could organise into autumn and spring semesters in a year long module, or formative and summative if you have used both assessment types.
- In your module find the Administration block and click the Cogwheel and click on Gradebook setup.
- This is where individual grade column settings can be changed , (such as Max grade by using the Edit link at the side of each Grade). In order to add a new category scroll to the bottom of the page and click Add category
- Under Grade category click Show more
Amend any of the other settings as needed
Click Save changes
- Once your category has been created then you can add populate it with the grade columns you would like with it. In the Gradebook setup screen you will see what looks like a very small upwards pointing arrow and downwards pointing arrow by the title of each grade item
Clicking this icon at the side of the Grade item you would like to move will make active the next screen which allows you to select where you want the item moving to.
- Whilst this screen is active click within any of the dashed boxes to move the grade item into that category. In this example 'Formative assessments' is the new category, and it already had has 'Post Uncov' and 'Film Review' moved into it. This can be seen by the indentation below the header, and the folder icon at the side of the category title.
|Content by Label|
|Content by Label|