This is one of many help and support pages that are available about the University of Nottingham's Moodle online learning environment. If you have any questions or queries concerning Moodle then contact information is at the bottom of every page.
Relevant This refers to Moodle 3.6 from September 201911 from August 2022 onwards
This is a tutorial about how to set up your module so students who are enrolled on another module or modules are automatically enrolled also on your module
Most modules take their enrolment from Campus Solutions when students are registered on courses. Academic Academic and other staff are usually enrolled manually at course or category level.
- In the parent module (e.g., Year 1 or Geography Community) drop down the Hamburger menu and click Participants.
- A list of those enrolled in your module appears. This is searchable in various ways.
- Then click the Cogwheel.
- Select Enrolment methods.
- At the bottom of the list click Add method and select Module meta link.
- You can now start to search for the module or modules.
- Type in all or part of the name or code for the module - Moodle immediately starts to search.
- Select the relevant module when found.
- You can repeat the search and addition for any further courses (modules) that need to feed this one.
- Finally click Add method.
Students will have the same role - student - in the parent module.