This is one of many help and support pages that are available about the University of Nottingham's Moodle online learning environment. If you have any questions or queries concerning Moodle then contact information is at the bottom of this one-page sheet. Please browse or use the SEARCH box below.
This is a tutorial about how to set up your module so students who are enrolled on another module or modules are automatically enrolled also on your module
This is where the content goes
Most courses (formerly called modules) take their enrolment from SATURN / Campus Solutions when students are registered on courses. Academic and other staff are usually enrolled manually at course or category level.
In many cases courses are linked together, for example, where two cohorts of students (registered on separate CS courses) study the same content, or where a community course space takes enrolments from across a School.
See the following for an explanation of this:
If you have a course where the students are all enrolled on a Campus Solutions course or courses then you can use that CS course or courses to "feed" your module so that you don't have to enrol everyone manually.
This is called a meta link. The PARENT will always be a Non-SATURN (Campus Solutions) course and the CHILD or feeder course will always be a Campus Solutions (or SATURN module).
How to create a meta link
- In the parent course (e.g., Year 1 or Geography Community) go to the Administration block
- Then Module Administration > Users > Enrolment methods
- Click Add method and select Module meta link
- You can now start to search for the course or courses (module or modules)
- Type in all or part of the name or code for the module
- Select the relevant module when found.
- You can repeat the search and addition for any further courses (modules) that need to feed this one.
- Finally click Add method