This is one of many help and support pages that are available about the University of Nottingham's Moodle online learning environment. If you have any questions or queries concerning Moodle then contact information is at the bottom of this one-page sheet. Please browse or use the SEARCH box below.
- When students have submitted their work to your assignment dropbox, and the deadline has passed, you can download all the submissions together as a single .zip file
- You can use this feature to mark the submissions offline before uploading back into the module for feedback.
- If you wish to share submissions post grading (for example; if the submissions are group posters) you can post the zip back into the module for all students to access.
To download submissions:
- Go into your module in Moodle
Go into your previously created Moodle Assignment dropbox after the due date has passed
Click on the View all submissions hyperlinkWhen the submission deadline has passed, navigate to the relevant module and click on the Moodle Assignment activity.
- Select View all submissions at the bottom of the Grading Summary.
The student information table will then be loaded for this assignment.
4. At this point LOCK SUBMISSIONS to prevent students resubmitting and overwriting the version you have will have marked. To lock submissions:
3. On the student information table, your first task should be to Lock Submissions by selecting All > With ... Lock Submissions > Go.
- [If there are some students who have not yet submitted or you are expecting late submissions then at some point you will need to reopen the box for those students to allow them to submit.]
A popup message will appear asking if you want to lock all selected submissions. Press OK.
A popup will appear to make sure you wish to lock the submissions. Click OK.
5. Scroll down to Options and make sure that the Download submissions in folders checkbox has been ticked.
6. Scroll Now, scroll back up . From to the Grading action drop-down menu at the (top of the page, Select ') and select Download all submissions'.
The .zip file will download either be sent directly to your downloads folder OR A pop-up window will appear giving you the option to Open file or Save file to the downloads folder.
Note: The zip will automatically be saved in your Downloads folder on your computer. It will be named the same as your Module short name (see ADMINISTRATION block > Module administration > Edit settings)
Accessing the downloaded zip
At the moment we (We recommend this is carried out on a desktop PC or Mac or a Surface Pro rather than an iPad.)
Unzip the folder
, extract the files
and move them to a new folder that has been named to match the Module short name.
Location of the Module shortname