Note: The paper being submitted must contain more than 20 words, must be under 20MB (or approximately two million characters)100MB, must not exceed 400 800 pages in length (.xls/.xlsx and .csv files must be less than 450 pages), and must not contain spaces in between every letter (l i k e t h i s). If the file only contains text, it must be less than 2MB.
Turnitin will currently accept the following file types:
- Microsoft Works (.wps) file types.
- Apple Pages file types.
- CAD files (e.g. prt)
- Microsoft Word 2007 macros-enabled (.docm) files (whatever macro is encoded in the file is stripped away when submitted to Turnitin)
- Password protected files
- .odt files created and downloaded from Google Docs online
- .doc files created using OpenOffice as these are not a 100% Microsoft Word equivalent
- zip or rar files
- Text with visual effects
- Spreadsheets created outside of Microsoft Excel (i.e. .ods)
If a file format issue is occurring, please re-open the file in a word processor, and save the file again using the "save as" function and choose a different format from the file type pull down menu (try PDF).