This is one of many help and support pages that are available about the University of Nottingham's Moodle online learning environment. If you have any questions or queries concerning Moodle then contact information is at the bottom of this one-page sheet. Please browse or use the SEARCH box below.
You can easily upload and share media files in Moodle and your students will be able to play the content back on any device.
You can also ask your students to submit media as part of their assignments. If you want to do this, please refer to the alternative documentation documentation How to add a Media Video Assignment Activity.
If you want to upload media files outside of Moodle, please refer to the alternative documentation Publishing video to MediaSpace
- Navigate to your Moodle module and click
- Drop down the
- Select Media Resource from the Resources section
- Click on Add
- Enter a Name and Description (see below)
- Expand the Video section
To upload a media file (or embed media you uploaded earlier)
- Click 'Save and return to module' or 'Save and Display'.
How to embed media
A pop up window opens with a list of media items that you can select. You can also add new media from here.
- Click on the blue Select button to the right of the video you want to select.