This is one of many help and support pages that are available about the University of Nottingham's Moodle online learning environment. If you have any questions or queries concerning Moodle then contact information is at the bottom of this one-page sheet. Please browse or use the SEARCH box below.
By adding the block Module Navigation Moodle shows a “table of contents” automatically picked up from the Section name.
NOTE In the current Moodle (from July 2015) a table of contents appears automatically in the NAVIGATION block in every module.
You can also add images, a Wordle1 or a Prezi2, even using images for navigation.
- Start simple
- Don’t make the images too big or overdo it with too many
- Keep graphics discreet and useful to students – should fit with the overall University / Moodle design
- If students have to scroll every time they visit the page, they will get frustrated!
- Use the blocks available such as Module Navigation
- Keep any embedded items such as Prezi or video to a minimum
- Put just a few graphic items on the front page or it will take too long to load…