This is one of many help and support pages that are available about the University of Nottingham's Moodle online learning environment. If you have any questions or queries concerning Moodle then contact information is at the bottom of this one-page sheet. Please browse or use the SEARCH box below.
- In your Moodle module, Turn editing on (top-right pencil icon)and click + Add an Activity or Resource > Assignment > Add.
- Create the assignment as usual, with name, description etc.
- If you are giving feedback, but you do not require students to submit anything, make that clear in the description i.e. "You don’t have to submit anything but look here for feedback"
- Remember to configure your Feedback Types to allow Feedback Files, should you wish to. This option is not activated by default.
- View the assignment as a teacher and click View all submissions > Grade
- Click the blue button in the Grade column for the student of choice.
- On the student's Grading page, you can use Feedback comments to provide a written statement.
- You can also use Feedback files to upload a prepared document or media file.
- Saving changes now will save your comments/feedback but they will not be sent to the student. Scroll up to Marking workflow state and select Released so that Moodle knows you're happy with the feedback and wish for the student to receive it.
- Click Save Changes or Save and Show Next to send the feedback.
- Marking completed, then scroll back down and click Save Changes or Save and Show Next to move on to the next student.
N.B. Selecting Marking completed on the feedback page for each student does NOT release the feedback to students. To release your feedback in bulk, follow these steps:
- Click into the assignment and select View all submissions.
- Select all students with the Select checkbox, scroll down to With select... and choose Set marking workflow state > Go > OK.
- On the next page, scroll down to Marking workflow state and select Released > Save changes.