This is one of many help and support pages that are available about the University of Nottingham's Moodle online learning environment. If you have any questions or queries concerning Moodle then contact information is at the bottom of this one-page sheet. Please browse or use the SEARCH box below.
This refers to Moodle 3.4 from December 2018 onwards6 from July 2019 onward
How to: Adjust the allocations process in an Allocation form
Once the closing date/time has been reached, any student attempting to complete the form will see the message:
"The allocation form is waiting to be processed... please come back later."
Processing of allocation forms takes place automatically on the deadline date. It can take up to 24 hours to produce the allocation results. The process looks something like this:
Checking the allocation results
Once the processing has been completed, Editing Teachers and Editors can click on the title of the Allocation form in the module to view a list of students and the option they have been allocated. Students will not be able to view their allocated options until you have made them available, allowing you time to amend the results and rerun the allocation process if required.
Note: Editing Teachers and editors can only view the allocation results once the deadline date set has passed, not before.
Review the allocations. If the allocations are not appropriate, then you can rerun the allocation.
Amending the allocations
- The Edit option allows you to changes the number of allocations for this option before re-running the allocation process.
- You can Generate a csv of user choices that you can download, showing a list of students and preferences make prior to allocation.
- Unallocated students will show in a list
- Force reallocation will allow you to re-run the process
- Make allocations available: Once you've finished making changes to the allocations you MUST make them available to students before they can see their options. Once made available it cannot be reversed.