You can choose to receive emails as soon as they are sent out by Moodle (e.g., through the News / announcements forum of a module you have a role in).
Getting one email at a time is useful because
- each email has a helpful subject line including the module it has come from.
- it is clear which staff member is sending the message.
OR you can change to digest mode - only one email a day, in a digest.
- This is useful because you only get one email a day.
- Warning: as the header is Moodle.Nottingham: Forum Digest you may not see it as important (always read such emails).
- The emails from News / Announcements are mixed in with emails from other forums and you may have to read carefully to pick out the important messages.
- It only comes once a day (around 5-5.30 pm) so any messages which require immediate action may be received too late (e.g., last minute cancellation of a lecture).
OR An alternative way to manage emails from Moodle is to use no digest, so you get single emails, and then use your filters in Outlook to sweep emails into a particular folder (but don't forget to read them!).
To change email mode:
- At the top right of the Moodle page, on your name, drop down the menu.
2. Click 'Preferences'.
3. Under the 'User account' header select 'Forum preferences'.
3. Next to 'Email digest type' for digest select 'Complete (daily email with full posts)' OR 'Subjects (daily email with subjects only)'
OR 'No digest (single email per forum post)'.
4. Click 'Save changes'.