This is one of many help and support pages that are available about the University of Nottingham's Moodle online learning environment. If you have any questions or queries concerning Moodle then contact information is at the bottom of this one-page sheet. Please browse or use the SEARCH box below.
Moodle Help & Support (Staff)
This refers to Moodle 3.4 6 from September 2018 July 2019 onward.
Table of Contents maxLevel 4 minLevel 3
- Click Navigate to the relevant module and click on the Moodle assignment submission box to load the Grading summary page.
In the Grading summary page press the view all submissions button.
This will launch Assignment.
- Select View all submissions under the Grading Summary tab.
- The next page is the student submission information table. Check the Select tick box to select all students . If there are some students that have not submitted or you are expecting late submissions then untick those.
who have submitted for grading. It may be quicker to Select All and untick those who have not submitted.
Scroll to the bottom and from the From the With selected… dropdown menu select Lock submissions and then press Go.
A pop-up message will appear asking if you want to lock all selected submissions. Press OK.
The submissions will now be locked. This is very important to do because if they are not locked then a student could resubmit an updated because it bans students from resubmitting any more versions of their assignment.
Once that is done press the Grade button of a student you wish to mark.
- The student’s On the student's submission information page will load. Click , click on the assignment attachment to download the student’s submissionso you can download and read it.
- Once you have gone through the assignment and When you are ready to enter a mark click within the textbox in the Grade section in the centre and enter the mark, navigate to Grade out of 100 and input your score.
- If you have enabled Feedback comments or Feedback files within the settings of the Moodle assignment then these will appear below the Grade text box. You can type you will be able to type your feedback directly into the textbox for Feedback commentsprovided.
For Feedback files you can drag and drop the file you wish to provide the student within the Drop files here to upload area.
Once you have completed your marking press Save changes. The Reset button
- If you have enabled Feedback Files, you will be able to upload a feedback sheet (that you have already prepared offline) by drag-dropping it into the available upload box.
- If you are happy that you have completed your marking, click Save changes.
- N.B. You can use the Reset button to start again as it will remove all scores/feedback comments and attached feedback files provided you have not pressed Save changes.
You can choose to notify the student that you have added their mark.
- Use the Change User box at the top-right of the screen
- to move on to the next
- You can do this by using the blue right/left triangles OR by typing the beginning of the student's name.
- Alternatively, you can click on the black triangle (downward facing
- ) and select a student from the drop-down menu.
- Return to the Assignment main page by clicking on its Name in the top left (see above).
If you need to access the Moodle assignment settings then you can do so by clicking on the cog icon located in the top-left corner.