This is one of many help and support pages that are available about the University of Nottingham's Moodle online learning environment. If you have any questions or queries concerning Moodle then contact information is at the bottom of this one-page sheet. Please browse or use the SEARCH box below.
NOTE: Marking in Moodle assignment should be carried out with the Moodle marking tools.
It is not intended that Turnitin Feedback Studio be used to mark a Moodle assignment. Turnitin in a Moodle assignment is solely intended for the production of similarity reports.
Table of Contents minLevel 3
- Navigate to your module and click the editing icon (located in the top-right of the screen).
- Within the section you wish to create the assignment click on the + Add an activity or resource link.
- Towards the top, in the ACTIVITIES section, select the radio button for Assignment.
- Click Add and the assignment settings page will load.
Leave the File submissions check box ticked as this will enable students to upload files. If you want students to type directly into a Moodle assignment or submit video, then tick the check box Online text. Select the maximum number of files they can upload if needed, leave the Maximum submission size at default unless you wish to restrict file size.
1 Submission types:Online text, file submission or both. If Online text is selected then can set a word limit.
- Notify graders about submissions will send an email to all Teachers and Editing Teachers on the module every time a students submits or updates their assignment. We recommend that this is left as No and Notify graders about late submissions is set to Yes. Leave Default setting for 'Notify students' to No otherwise an automated email will be sent to the student when their work has been marked.
Turnitin plagiarism plugin settings