Applies to Moodle 3.11 from August 2022
Once you’re in the Wiki you should see some guidance about how to use the Wiki, the first page of the Wiki and a selection of tabs to edit/navigate the Wiki.
View – to see the current page you’re working on (out of edit mode).
Edit – to edit the page you are currently in and add tags
Comments – to add a comment about the page you are currently in
History – to view the editing history of the Wiki
Map – to navigate within the Wiki e.g. between pages
Files – to view files relevant to the Wiki that have been added by your tutor
The first Wiki page will always be created for you by the tutor. You have editing access to every page in the Wiki; you can edit other people’s work and add your own.
Editing a page
- Navigate to the page you wish to edit by using the Map tab then choosing the relevant page from the "Page List"
2. Once in the correct page click on the Edit tab. Here you can edit the text on the page.
3. Click the ‘Save’ button at the bottom of the editing page once you’ve finished.
Note: To link to a page from within the current page type in the title of the page within square brackets e.g. [[Chapter Two]].
To add a new page
- Go in into the Wiki page
- From the Map page, select a page
- Click Edit
- In the 'HTML format' text box, type the name of your new page in square brackets e.g. [[Chapter 2]] then click 'Save'
Note: Once you have created a page you cannot change the title or the settings of it. If you need to change it you will need to delete it and recreate it.
5. This will show your original page with the name of your new page in red. Click the name of your new page.
6. This will open a page for you to create a new page. Leave the "Format" as 'HTML format'. Then click on 'Create page'
7. Here you can add the information for your new page. When you have finished, click on the 'Save' button
8. You might decide to go back and edit the original page to remove the link after.