This is one of many help and support pages that are available about the University of Nottingham's Moodle online learning environment. If you have any questions or queries concerning Moodle then contact information is at the bottom of this one-page sheet. Please browse or use the SEARCH box below.
This refers to Moodle 3.6 from July 2019 onwards
When Moodle first loads you will be presented with a screen similar to the following (your list of courses/modules will differ).
This is your Dashboard, which (like other Moodle pages) is divided into two columns.
The main left area displays all the courses (modules) that you are enrolled upon in Moodle. The right hand column has a number of useful blocks offering information such Upcoming events (and deadlines) or Calendar.
1. You can filter your modules to show just those In progress (current year and ongoing modules), Future (next academic year and later) and Past – note that All are visible by default.
You can also filter by Starred or Removed from view
2. You can sort modules alphabetically by name, or by date most recently accessed. There’s also a Recently Accessed Modules block which shows those you have most recently accessed.
3. You can view the modules as “cards” – the default, or as a list, or including the summary. Experiment to see which is right for you
4. You can show up to 48 modules on each screen.
Click the arrows to move between screens.
5. You will also see a progress bar in any modules in which progress is tracked (most are not tracked)
6. Clicking on the three dots at the end of a module’s name allows you to Star (or favourite) a module, or to Remove it from your own view (note: this does not hide it from students). You can then filter by Starred or Removed from view, as in box 1
To return to the Dashboard from anywhere in Moodle click Dashboard (top left). Don’t forget to check your further pages of modules, if any.
For more information watch our screencast: