This refers to Moodle 3.11 from August 2022 onwards
How to: Use recordings from Television and Radio in Moodle
The University has a licence to you use Box of Broadcasts (Bob), which is a shared online off-air TV and radio recording service for UK higher education intuitions. This service is only available for UK modules due to licensing agreements.
- Go to https://learningonscreen.ac.uk/ondemand and then click ‘Sign in’.
2. A new page will load asking which organisation to login from. Type in 'University of Nottingham' and click 'Go'.
3. Another page will load asking you to sign in. Enter your UoN "Username" and "Password" and then press ‘Login’.
If this is the first time you have logged into Bob then you will be asked to accept the terms and conditions and setup your account before progressing further.
4. Once you have logged in you will be able to click on the ‘Search’ tab at the top and enter a programme name or some relevant keywords and press the blue 'Search’ icon.
5. Your search results should appear on another page. There are some filter options on the right-hand side if you have a lot of results generated. When you have found the video or audio you want to use then press the title of the programme.
6. A page should now load which will play the audio/video selected. If you wanted to embed the entire programme onto your Moodle site then press 'Share' below the video
7. The share information will appear, copy the contents of the "WAYFless Link" text box
8. Next, go to your Moodle site and on the home page. Click on the ‘Turn editing on’ button in the top right . Next, click + Add an activity or resource and from the pop up options, choose the type of resource you want to create e.g. a 'URL'.
10. Next, enter a name and paste in the link in the External URL field. It is good practice to indicate in the name that the link will open in a new window.
11. Under Appearance choose to display in New window and then press ‘Save and return to module’.
12. You will be taken back to your Moodle page. From here, you will be able to click on the link and view the video. You may be asked to log in to Box of Broadcasts first.
Adding a clip from video
If you do not want to use the whole programme then you can create clips. To do this, go back the Bob webpage, specifically the page where your selected video is available.
- Click on the ‘Make clip’ button beneath your video
2. This will expand the page. On the timeline of the programme, you will see a white line. Drag either end to select the start and end of your clip.
3. When you are happy, click on the 'Save clip' button
4. A pop will appear asking for you to give your clip a "Title" and a "Description" then click 'Save'
5. A new page will load which will contain just the clip you have made. To share it on a Moodle page, follow the guidance (Steps 6-11) above