This is one of many help and support pages that are available about the University of Nottingham's Moodle online learning environment. If you have any questions or queries concerning Moodle then contact information is at the bottom of this one-page sheet. Please browse or use the SEARCH box below.
Moodle Help & Support (Staff)
This refers to Moodle 3.4 from September 2018 onward.
NOTE: Marking in Moodle assignment should be carried out with the Moodle marking tools.
It is not intended that Turnitin Feedback Studio be used to mark a Moodle assignment. Turnitin in a Moodle assignment is solely intended for the production of similarity reports.
Note: It is expected that the user has some previous knowledge of Turnitin and has already got a Moodle Assignment with Turnitin enabled.
If Turnitin was enabled when setting up the Moodle assignment, you will be able to view the originality report of the assignment when you come to mark the script.
Accessing Turnitin through Moodle Assignments
- Click on the Moodle assignment dropbox you wish to access. e.g.
- The Grading summary page will load. Click on the View all submissions link.
- A new page will load, containing information about the assignments submitted in a table.
Note: It is recommended that you expand this table by clicking on the Toggle full-screen content mode button. Or press Ctrl + Alt + B on your keyboard.
- Scroll along the table (using the scrollbar underneath the table) until you reach the File submissions column.
Within this column you should see the file submitted and also the Turnitin ID.
Beneath the ID number click on the blue pencil icon.
- Turnitin's Feedback studio will load in a new browser. You will be able to access the similarity report by clicking on the numbered red button on the right-hand side. We do NOT recommend marking using Feedback Studio. Please use the Moodle marking tools to mark these papers.