This refers to Moodle 2.7 from July 2015 onward
You can use a Rubric as the Marking Method in Assignments. This allows you to set Criterion and levels (with associated marks) enabling you to mark submissions using the rubric.
Marking using a rubric
- Go into the assignment dropbox by clicking on the assignment name
- Click on view/grade all submissions
- Click on the marking button ('pencil in a square' icon) for the relevant student
- The rubric appears under the heading Grade in the grading window for the student
- Click on the level that best describes the students work for the criterion
- The level will be highlighted in bright green when you hover over it
- Once a level is selected it will be highlighted in pale green - you can change your selection by choosing another instead
- You can leave comments for the student relating to each criterion
- Save changes
Note: Set the Marking workflow state (if you turned on this functionality of the assignment dropbox settings) to 'Marking completed'. This will highlight at a glance which submissions have been graded so far allowing the convenor to know when the grades can be release to students in bulk.
The grade attributed to the submission will be automatically calculated based on the levels chosen in the rubric and the maximum grade set in the assignment dropbox settings. See example below.