Moodle Help & Support
This refers to Moodle 3.11 from August 2022 onwards
How to create a resource using Tabbed content
Note that tabbed content does not meet accessibility requirements so avoid using it if you can find an alternative. Screen readers cannot read the content of tabs.
This moodle resource lets you create tabs that separate content by heading. This can be an efficient way to organise related information, for example contact information and office hours, as in the example shown in this screencast:
How to add tabbed content to your Moodle site
- On your Moodle site, press the 'Turn editing on' icon.
- Click on + Add an activity or resource in the section you wish to add.
- From the pop-up window that appears click on 'Tabbed Content'
4. Within the Tabbed Content settings page, enter a "Name" for the Tabbed Content. Please note, this name will not appear back on the Moodle site.
5. Press the Save and return to module button.
6. Back in the module site, click on Add new tab link
7. This will open a new page where you enter the contents for your tab. You can also adjust the position of your tab by clicking on the 'Tab position' drop-down. When you are finished, select 'Save changes'
8. You can continue adding up to 5 tabs by clicking on the Add new tab link located above the fist tab towards the top-right. When you are done, click on the 'Turn editing off' icon in the top right of your Moodle page