This is one of many help and support pages that are available about the University of Nottingham's Moodle online learning environment. If you have any questions or queries concerning Moodle then contact information is at the bottom of this one-page sheet. Please browse or use the SEARCH box below.
This refers to Moodle 3.4 from July 2018 onward
It is possible to hide a whole Section or topic from students
- Navigate to the relevant Moodle module.
- Turn on Editing by left-clicking the pencil icon in the top-right.
- Section visibility is indicated by the Eye icon. An open eye, drawn in black, indicates the section is visible. An eye with a line through it, drawn in grey, indicates that it is hidden.
- Visibility of items can be toggled by clicking Edit, then selecting Hide or Show from the option list.
- You may also hide an activity by setting Access Restrictions.
NOTE: You may have to refresh or reload your web page (use the option in your browser) to see the grey disappear.
For Single Items
Visibility is set by opening the Edit menu and selecting Hide or Show as required.
What about assignments?
If an assignment is hidden then students will NEITHER the assignment NOR their marks.