This is one of many help and support pages that are available about the University of Nottingham's Moodle online learning environment. If you have any questions or queries concerning Moodle then contact information is at the bottom of this one-page sheet. Please browse or use the SEARCH box below.
A series of mini-case studies of using Moodle in teaching and learning
The Magic with Moodle series is a collection of case studies of innovative or inspiring uses of Moodle - some very small examples using a single Moodle tool, and others much more wide-ranging. As well as being demonstrated at live events and training sessions, these are featured on the Help website here where you can access videos, case studies and accompanying How-To Help Sheets.
Find out more about how others at the University are using Moodle, and how Moodle functionality can be used to support your learning and teaching activities. From forums and databases to layout and communication with students, some of these are everyday tasks, some more unusual – but all are chosen to spark something off for your own practice.
Please note: These are examples of teaching and learning practice in Moodle 2.2. Since then some functionality may have changed or improved since the upgrade in August 2.6 but the concepts presented are still worthwhile.
- Magic with Moodle 1 - Sending a message to students (Announcements or News)
- Magic with Moodle 2 - An all-School community page
- Magic with Moodle 3 - Layout and Images
- Magic with Moodle 4 - Hiding and restricting material - conditional release
- Magic with Moodle 5 - Echo360 block
- Magic with Moodle 6 - Internal and External RSS feeds
- Magic with Moodle 7 - Moving a printed Laboratory Manual into Moodle (The Book resource)
- Magic with Moodle 8 - Signup Sheets
- Magic with Moodle 9 - Using Choices to poll students about revision
- Magic with Moodle 10 - Using forums to answer student questions
- Magic with Moodle 11 - Effective facilitation of forums
- Magic with Moodle 12 - Using forums with groups
- Magic with Moodle 13 - Using Turnitin to create & mark assignments
- Magic with Moodle 14 - Using Moodle assignments 1
- Magic with Moodle 15 - Using Moodle assignments 2
- Magic with Moodle 16 - Using wikis to create a student knowledge hub
- Magic with Moodle 17 - Databases for Assessment
- Magic with Moodle 18 - Monitoring students & completion tracking
- Magic with Moodle 19 - Monitoring Attendance with Moodle
- Magic with Moodle 20 - Peer Evaluation
Queries, comments or questions?
Please contact your local elearning support team.
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any comments on how you think this help can be improved then please email Learning-Technologies@nottingham.ac.uk