This refers to Moodle 3.2 from September 2017 onwards
IMPORTANT NOTE: Make sure you read emails with subject line Moodle.Nottingham: Forum Digest
Changing the way Moodle sends you emails
You can choose to receive emails as soon as they are sent out by Moodle (e.g., through the News / announcements forum of a module you have a role in)
Getting one email at a time is useful because
- each email has a helpful subject line including the module it has come form
- it is clear which staff member is sending the message
OR you can change to digest mode - only one email a day, in a digest.
- This is useful because you only get one email a day
- Warning: as the header is Moodle.Nottingham: Forum Digest you may not see it as important (always read such emails)
- The emails from News / Announcements are mixed in with emails from other forums and you may have to read carefully to pick out the important messages
- It only comes once a day (around 5-5.30 pm) so any messages which require immediate action may be received too late (e.g., last minute cancellation of a lecture)
OR An alternative way to manage emails from Moodle is to use "no digest", so you get single emails, and then use your filters in Outlook to sweep emails into a particular folder (but don't forget to read them!)
To change email mode:
- At the top right of the Moodle page, on your name, drop down the menu
- Click Preferences
- Under User account Click Forum preferences
- Next to Email digest type for digest select "Complete (daily email with full posts)" or "Subjects (daily email with subjects only)"
Select "No digest (single email per forum post)"
- Click Save changes