Moodle Help & Support (Staff)
This refers to Moodle 3.11 from August 2022 onwards
Once you've created a Peermark assessment option within a Turnitin assignment and students have completed their evaluations according to the criteria you set, you will be ready to review the peer assessments.
Accessing peer reviews
- Click on the title of the Turnitin assignment you wold like to view.
- In the Turnitin assignment dropbox click on the 'Launch PeerMark reviews' icon (this looks like the green outline of a paper with a profile on it).
3. The three columns in the pop-up table will display 3 columns which you can review:
- "Submitted": These are the review(s) conducted by the student.
- "Received":These are the review(s) received by the student for their submitted assignment.
- "Review": indicated by the blue pencil icon, this allows you to grade the quality of the submitted assignments. This is not a requirement. By writing a review using your set criteria students can compare the peer reviews they've received from other students against an experienced grader’s responses. Once you click on the blue 'Write instructor review' button it will go green to indicate you have started to write a review. Once you've submitted your review it will be stored under 'View received reviews' for that student.
Grading the quality of submitted reviews
- Click on the 'Pencil' that is in the blue box within the "Review" column.
- This will load up the review. In the top right-hand corner, you can grade the quality of the review out of 10, if this has been enabled. This will be translated into a percentage based on the Points Value you set when creating the peer assessment. E.g. if the Points Value is 50 (which is out of 100) and you grade the quality of the review 5/10, this will be translated into 25%.
- Click 'Submit' to save the grade. This can be edited at any point.
The following link is also relevant to this topic: