This is one of many help and support pages that are available about the University of Nottingham's Moodle online learning environment. If you have any questions or queries concerning Moodle then contact information is at the bottom of this one-page sheet. Please browse or use the SEARCH box below.
Moodle Help & Support
This refers to Moodle 3.6 from July 2019 onward
Moodle does have a blog feature, but for blogs to be visible to fellow students they must be visible to all users of Moodle.
A Forum can be used within a particular course or module for students to keep blogs or learning journals.
- Each has their own "thread"
- Users can post via email, and use all the other features of forums.
- They and teachers can respond to one another
- Teachers and students in the course can subscribe to the blog threads.
- The blogs are private to the users in that particular course.
How to: add a Moodle forum for use as a blog or learning journal
- Click + Add an Activity or Resource
- Select Forum
- And Add
- Give the forum a name and a description
The description should include the detail students need to understand what to use their blogs for, how to post, and how to respond.
- Under Forum type choose Each person posts one discussion
- Select subscription (and other) options as appropriate (recommended: Optional Subscription)
- Click Save and Return to module
The following other resources are also relevant to this topic: