This is one of many help and support pages that are available about the University of Nottingham's Moodle online learning environment. If you have any questions or queries concerning Moodle then contact information is at the bottom of this one-page sheet. Please browse or use the SEARCH box below.
Moodle Help & Support
How to upload a prepared website to Moodle
This has the prerequisite that you have created a website in a web editing tool such as Dreamweaver.
Use relative links for all links between pages. Include supplementary files such as css stylesheets and images.
How to upload the zip file
- Create a zip file of your whole site and all its files and subfolders.
- Navigate to the module and click on the Turn editing on button (top right)
- Click on the + Add an activity or resource hyperlink
- Select the radio button for File and click Add
- Add a Name and a Description for your website.
You can drag and drop your zipped file into the content section OR
- click on the Add... icon button
- click on the Browse button
- Browse to the zipped file to add, click Open
- click Upload this file
- Select your zip file and click on Upload this file
How to unpack the zip file and display your website
- When the zip file icon appears in the editing screen, click on it and select Unzip
- Once unzipped, select the index or front page of your website and click on it then click Set main file
- Click on the Save and return to module or Save and display buttons
The following other resources are also relevant to this topic:
Queries, comments or questions?
Please contact your local elearning support team.
or email: email@example.com
If you have any comments on how you think this help can be improved then please email Learning-Technologies@nottingham.ac.uk