Moodle Help & Support
How to upload a prepared website to Moodle
This has the prerequisite that you have created a website in a web editing tool such as Dreamweaver.
Use relative links for all links between pages. Include supplementary files such as css stylesheets and images.
How to upload the zip file
- Create a zip file of your whole site and all its files and subfolders.
- Navigate to the module and click on the Turn editing on button (top right)
- Click on the + Add an activity or resource hyperlink
- Select the radio button for File and click Add
- Add a Name and a Description for your website.
You can drag and drop your zipped file into the content section OR
- click on the Add... icon button
- click on the Browse button
- Browse to the zipped file to add, click Open
- click Upload this file
- Select your zip file and click on Upload this file
How to unpack the zip file and display your website
- When the zip file icon appears in the editing screen, click on it and select Unzip
- Once unzipped, select the index or front page of your website and click on it then click Set main file
- Click on the Save and return to module or Save and display buttons
The following other resources are also relevant to this topic:
Queries, comments or questions?
Please contact your local elearning support team.
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any comments on how you think this help can be improved then please email Learning-Technologies@nottingham.ac.uk