This information is relevant to Moodle 3.11 from August 2022
How to release grades to students on a particular date
By default, our Moodle is set to hide the grades from the students until they are manually released in the marking workflow.
Marking workflow is an excellent way to manage release of grades for individuals, groups and whole cohorts. It is extremely flexible.
If you don't want to have to go in and release grades at a particular time, you can also release grades all together on a particular date. It saves you needing to remember to do this manually (though you can manually change the date if you need to).
NOTE: It is best to have marking workflow set to OFF if you want to do this. If you still need Marking Workflow as well, ensure that grades are RELEASED before the date chosen, so that they can be revealed.
Automatically hide grades and feedback until a set date
- Go to your module and open the Navigation (Hamburger menu
- Select Grades
- Once in the Grader Report, turn editing on using the button as shown:
- In the column for the relevant assessment, in the top Controls row, click the Edit (cogwheel) icon
- Click Show more;
- For the Hidden until setting, click its Enable checkbox; it becomes editable.
- Set the date and time to reveal the marks and feedback on that date.
- Click Save changes.
The following other resources are also relevant to this topic: