This is one of many help and support pages that are available about the University of Nottingham's Moodle online learning environment. If you have any questions or queries concerning Moodle then contact information is at the bottom of this one-page sheet. Please browse or use the SEARCH box below.
Moodle Help & Support
How to release grades to students on a particular date
By default, Moodle is set to show the grades to the students as soon as given, but you may want to release grades all together on a particular date.
To set a “Hidden until” date for grades:
In your Moodle module, click on the Turn editing on button (top right).
In the Administration block, click on the Grades hyperlink.
- Go to the Administration block again and click on the Categories and items hyperlink and select Simple view
ALTERNATIVELY in Grader report view the drop down menu (top left) and select, under Categories and items, Simple view
- In the Simple View page click on the cogwheel edit icon next to the activity for which a “Hidden until” date is to be set (in the Actions column)
- On the edit Grade item page click “Show more”
- Enable the “Hidden until” setting by checking the Enable checkbox, then set a date.
NOTE: If you are hiding the grades in a column in this way you may wish to hide the Module Total column as well, until the same date, as it may be possible for students to work out their grade from this.
- Click on the Save changes button.
The following other resources are also relevant to this topic:
Queries, comments or questions?
Please contact your local elearning support team.
or email: email@example.com
If you have any comments on how you think this help can be improved then please email Learning-Technologies@nottingham.ac.uk