This is one of many help and support pages that are available about the University of Nottingham's Moodle online learning environment. If you have any questions or queries concerning Moodle then contact information is at the bottom of this one-page sheet. Please browse or use the SEARCH box below.
Moodle Help & Support
You will need:
- A desktop, laptop or tablet computer
- A headset with a microphone or speakers and a separate microphone (microphones may be built into your device or webcam)
- (optionally) A webcam (this might be built into your laptop)
- A reliable internet connection
- A quiet place to work
Creating your screencast
Downloading the recording
Uploading the recording via Moodle
To start creating your screencast:
- Go to Teams and click on 'Calendar' (menu on the left).
- Select 'Meet now' (top right)
3. A dropdown will appear asking for a 'Meeting name.' Give your meeting a name and select 'Start Meeting'.
4. Make sure your webcam and microphone are correctly set up and click on ‘Join now’ to start the meeting – make sure the microphone is on (the use of the webcam is optional):
5. Once you have started the meeting, you will see the menu in the top right. To start the recording, click on the 'Three dots' icon and select ‘Start recording’.
6. Choose to 'Share' your desktop from the toolbar (see above)
NOTE: Be careful what you have open when sharing your screen as it will share this in the recording. You might choose just to share one window rather than the whole desktop.
7. When finished, select 'Stop recording' from the 'Three dots' menu and end the meeting.
8. Following the meeting, find the meeting you just had in the 'Chat' section of Teams. It may automatically open this for you when you finish your meeting.
9. To open your recording, click on the 'Three dots' and select ‘Open in Microsoft Stream’.
10. upload via Moodle.In Microsoft Stream, click on the 'Three dots' and select 'Download video' to download your recording and
The following other resources are also relevant to this topic:
- Video and Audio Support Workspace with more info about using video and audio