This is one of many help and support pages that are available about the University of Nottingham's Moodle online learning environment. If you have any questions or queries concerning Moodle then contact information is at the bottom of this one-page sheet. Please browse or use the SEARCH box below.
Moodle Help & Support (Staff)
This refers to Moodle 3.6 from July 2019 onward.
NOTE: Do not edit, change, detach, disconnect, attach or re-connect a rubric once marking has started. This risks loss of rubric comments.
How to: Add a previously created rubric assessment
Once a rubric has been created by you or a colleague you'll need to attach it to an assignment via any of the submissions. This then applies to all other submissions in that dropbox. There is one rubric per assignment. Attempting to add another rubric to an Assignment Dropbox will delete the previous rubric and any feedback or marks created using it, so once a rubric is attached it should be used through marking.
You can add the rubric when setting up the dropbox or before marking.
Editing or viewing an existing rubric or creating a new one
1. In the rubric screen click on the button with three lines in the top left-hand corner to view available rubrics and rubric options.
2. In the drop-down list provided, look at the list of available rubrics at the bottom. Click on the rubric you would like to use.
3. In your Moodle module, click on the Turn editing on button (top right).
4. Go into the Turnitin assignment
5. Go into the Submissions inbox and click on the blue icon representing pilled-up small boxes on the top right on the submission inbox this will lead you to the Rubric Manager.
Alternatively, you can access it when the assignment is set up (or afterwards) - in the Settings of the Turnitin assignment , under GradeMark Options, click on Launch Rubric Manager.
A default rubric may show up - but it is not yet attached.
Adding an existing rubric to an assessment
Method 1 - before submissions start
Go to Edit Settings for the assignment
Drop down the menu and accept the statement in the window that appears.
Drop down the menu
Select a rubric and Save and display
If you add a rubric at this stage, students will be able to see it BEFORE they submit.
When students start submitting and you go in to mark in Feedback Studio, you will see the rubric ready for you to use.
Method 2 - after submissions start coming in
1. Go to the Submission inbox and click on the blue pen in the Grade column next to a student’s submission.
2. This will lead you to the Feedback Studio. On the right corner of your screen, click on the Rubric icon.
3. In the opened rubric, click on the cogwheel icon in the top right corner. It will open one of the rubrics previously created.
Drop down the menu on the top left and select the rubric you wish to attach to your assignment .
4. Click Save if you have made any change.
5. Click on the Off button next to Attach to Assignment at the bottom left corner of the window this will then turn ton On.
To share the rubric
In the opened rubric (opened using any of the methods above), click on the cogwheel icon in the top right corner. It will open your rubric.
Drop down the menu on the top left and select Download
Save the file to your computer
You can send this file by email or any other method.
To import a rubric
- In the rubric window, click Upload Rubric/grading form
- Drag and drop in the file containing the rubric
- When uploaded successfully, close and use the rubric.
NOTE You can also export and import rubrics from the rubric manager menu
The following other resources are also relevant to this topic: