Moodle Help & Support
This refers to Moodle 3.11 from August 2022 onwards
How to: Navigate to modules NOT in your Module Overview
If you are an Observer or School Support across your School category in Moodle you will have access to lots of modules but at a category level. This means because you are not enrolled onto the individual modules they will not appear in your Module Overview on your My Home page. So, you'll need to navigate to them in a different way.
Or you may simply be looking for a module you are not currently enrolled on, such as a NOOC that is self-enrollable.
To navigate to your School category or an individual module do the following:
- In the 'Hamburger menu' on the top right-hand , click on the Site home link.
- From here you can either Search for a particular module using its code or its title, or you can click on the section headings in the list illustrated below e.g. UNUK for UK modules.
3. Clicking the section heading opens a list of categories (Faculties) in Moodle. Their subcategories (Schools and Departments) are revealed by clicking on the small grey arrow icon (see Faculty of Engineering > Department of Civil Engineering in the example below)
4. Scroll down until you have found the required Faculty or Division and browse by either clicking the small grey arrows, or clicking the full link. Clicking the full link will open a new page complete with the subcategories and any modules in that category.
5. To enter a module, click on the module title. This will open the module’s front page displaying all the materials.
There are three main categories, 'UNUK', 'UNNC' and 'UNMC', your Faculty category and School/Department subcategories will be located within one of these.
To make navigating to your School sub-category easier you may want to create a Key Links block on your My Home page. See the help document below for guidance.