Moodle Help & Support
How to: Navigate to modules NOT in your Module Overview
If you are an Observer across your School category in Moodle you will have access to lots of modules but at a category level. This means because you are not enrolled onto the individual modules they will not appear in your Module Overview on your My Home page. So, you'll need to navigate to them in a different way.
To navigate to your School category or an individual module do the following:
- In the Navigation block in the left-hand column, click on the ‘Site home’ link.
- From here you can either Search for a particular module using its code or its title, or you can click on the section headings in the list illustrated below e.g. UNUK for UK modules.
- Clicking the section heading opens a list of categories (Faculties) in Moodle. Their subcategories (Schools and Departments) are revealed by clicking on the small black arrow icon (see Engineering > Chemical Engineering in the example below)
- Scroll down until you have found the required Faculty or Division and browse by either clicking the small black arrows, or clicking the full link. Clicking the full link will open a new page with the subcategories.
- There is also a drop down box at the top of the page, allowing you to scroll through and choose a section to look at.
- To enter a module, click on the module title. This will open the module’s front page displaying all the materials.
- There are three main categories, UNUK, UNNC, UNMC, your Faculty category and School/Department subcategories will be located within one of these
To make navigating to your School sub-category easier you may want to create a Key Links block on your My Home page. See the help document below for guidance.
Queries, comments or questions?
Please contact your local elearning support team.
or email: email@example.com
If you have any comments on how you think this help can be improved then please email Learning-Technologies@nottingham.ac.uk