This is one of many help and support pages that are available about the University of Nottingham's Moodle online learning environment. If you have any questions or queries concerning Moodle then contact information is at the bottom of this one-page sheet. Please browse or use the SEARCH box below.
Moodle Help & Support
How to: navigate around a module page
- Wherever you are in your Moodle module you can always get back to the front page by clicking the module name at the top of the screen in the navigation trail.
- You can also get back to your My Home page where all your modules are listed, by clicking on My Home at the beginning of the trail or at the top of the Navigation block or on the HOME button (a house icon) at the very top left of the screen.
MODULE CONTENTS block
This block allows you to jump to a particular section within your module to aid navigation, reduce scrolling and to quickly access relevant resources.
- To navigate to a section click the title of the section in the list.
- To see a list of the contents in that section without navigating to it click the arrow next to the section title.
- To open or download a resource from an expanded section in the list, click on the title of the resource.
Note: Resources in the list with a label icon, that looks like this, are only text on a page therefore they will not do anything when clicked.
If your module convenor has set the module to show only one section at a time (as well as the general section at the top) the MODULE CONTENTS block will be your navigation tool as well as the 'Jump to...' drop down box at the bottom of the screen beneath sections.
Expand central column
There is a new full screen toggle button that allows you to temporarily hide the side columns (blocks) and make the central column fill the screen. This is especially useful when viewing embedded videos and SCORM packages.
Notes on usage:
- If the window is scrolled more than 205 pixels a ‘floating’ full screen toggle appears in the top right of the screen. It disappears if you scroll back up.
- If mobile mode (or responsive mode) is triggered (screen width 768px or less)
- The full screen toggle button(s) disappear as they no longer serve any purpose.
- If you were in full screen mode (with no side blocks) the side blocks will now be below the content area (as usual for mobile mode).
- If Full screen mode has been triggered it persists until the user clicks the toggle button again.
- The icon changes with arrows point out / in on each toggle
- The toggle button does not appear on the login page
- Side blocks disappear completely if full screen mode is triggered. They can be retrieved by toggling back to normal screen mode
- Ctrl + Alt + b is an alternative way to toggle screen mode
- Once triggered there is no fixed width, i.e. if you stretch the window across two monitors you will be able utilise the full content area
- It should work on Chrome, Firefox and IE9+
Queries, comments or questions?
Please contact your local elearning support team.
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any comments on how you think this help can be improved then please email Learning-Technologies@nottingham.ac.uk