Moodle Help & Support (Staff)
This refers to Moodle 3.11 from August 2022 onwards
- Go to your Moodle module and click on the assignment name/title.
The 'Turnitin drop box' will load and display a layout similar to the image below.
In the lower part of the Turnitin dashboard (in the "First Name/Last Name" column) either the student’s name will appear or ‘Anonymous marking enabled’ will be in place of the student’s name.
2. To mark the assignment click on the 'Blue pencil' icon which will launch a pop-up window for the 'Feedback studio' in Turnitin.
If the pop-up does not appear look near the URL address bar in your browser in case pop-ups have been disabled.
Note: When the Feedback studio is open, you are now working on Turnitin's server, NOT the Moodle server at the University of Nottingham. Please save regularly (click once in the main window, close the Turnitin window and re-open it). At least every 15-20 min is recommended.
3. Once you have read the assignment and are ready to grade you can enter the mark on the top right hand corner (see green box in the image below) and then click outside of the /100 box. This will ensure the mark is saved.
Please note: If you press 'Enter' after you enter a grade it will not save. You need to click somewhere on the assignment.
4. When you are ready to move on, click on the 'Page numbers' (shown below in the orange rectangle) or the arrows to select the next submission you wish to mark. Alternatively, close the window and click the blue pencil for the next assignment.
5. When you close the Feedback Studio tab, the marks will automatically synchronise with Moodle and appear on the same row as the student's details and submission within the "Grade" column.
As well as a grade you can also provide comments, store frequently used comments (to save you retyping them) and give overall feedback to a student about their assignment.
More about this here: How to provide feedback and comments in Turnitin
The following other resources are also relevant to this topic: