This is one of many help and support pages that are available about the University of Nottingham's Moodle online learning environment. If you have any questions or queries concerning Moodle then contact information is at the bottom of this one-page sheet. Please browse or use the SEARCH box below.
Moodle Help & Support
How to give audio or other feedback privately to students
You can give feedback with the Moodle Assignment tool. Students do not have to submit anything to receive feedback or files back.
- In your Moodle module, click on the Turn editing on button (top right).
- Click on the + Add an Activity or Resource hyperlink.
- Select Assignment activity, and click on the Add button.
- Create the assignment as usual, with name, description and so on - if you wish to add feedback files, then ensure you select that option under the Feedback section
See How to create an assignment
[If you are giving feedback without a physical assignment being submitted, then make that clear in the instructions – "You don’t have to submit anything but look here for feedback"]
- View the assignment as a teacher and click on View/grade all submissions hyperlink.
- All students are listed whether or not they’ve submitted anything
- Click the grey pencil in the Grade column for the student of choice
- Type into the Feedback comments box (can be just a sentence) and add any files (response files) as attachments, e.g., mp3
- Click on the Save changes button.
Queries, comments or questions?
Please contact your local elearning support team.
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any comments on how you think this help can be improved then please email Learning-Technologies@nottingham.ac.uk