This is one of many help and support pages that are available about the University of Nottingham's Moodle online learning environment. If you have any questions or queries concerning Moodle then contact information is at the bottom of this one-page sheet. Please browse or use the SEARCH box below.
Moodle Help & Support
How to generate an activity report for a student
Logs and activity reports for students allow you to find out:
- if and when a student has logged into your module
- an particular student's activity in your module
- the date and time that a student has accessed a particular resource or activity
- which students have participated in a particular activity (and whether they have simply viewed it or taken action)
- a student's current grade
To find out about an individual student:
- Open the Hamburger Menu and select Participants.
- Click on the user's name or profile picture to open their profile page.
Report options for that user can be found in the Reports tab.
Select a report option from the expanded list
- Today's logs - timestamped list and graph representing the student's actions for the current day
- All Logs - timestamped list and graph representing the student's actions for a series of days
- Outline report - a breakdown of a student's current participation per Moodle activity
- Complete report - a detailed list of a student's up-to-date interaction with all Moodle activities
- Statistics -
- Grade - shows student's current grade per activity
The following other resources are also relevant to this topic:
- How to see tracking information for students
- How to use Completion Tracking to Monitor Student Progress
Managing people in Moodle
Queries, comments or questions?
Please contact your local elearning support team.
or email: email@example.com
If you have any comments on how you think this help can be improved then please email Learning-Technologies@nottingham.ac.uk