This is one of many help and support pages that are available about the University of Nottingham's Moodle online learning environment. If you have any questions or queries concerning Moodle then contact information is at the bottom of every page.
This refers to Moodle 4.1 from December 2023 onward
Moodle Help & Support
How to: Export reports and statistics for Moodle quiz
Once students have started completing a quiz in your Moodle module you can start checking completion and grades and download the results. This can be especially useful if the quiz results contribute towards the final grade for the module.
Accessing reports and statistics
Navigate to the Moodle module you're working with
Click on the quiz name you want reports on.
Click on 'Results' on the quiz top menu.
From the dropdown menu that appears below the menu, choose the report type you'd like to access.
'Grades' - each student's score out of the total marks for the quiz, which questions they got correct/incorrect, and the overall average.
'Responses' - each student's score out of the total marks for the quiz, which questions they got correct/incorrect, plus the response they chose.
'Statistics' - tabulated statistics for average and median grade, standard deviation, score distribution (skewness and kurtosis), coefficient of internal consistency and error ration and standard error.
'Manual grading' - text questions that require grading
- Within your chosen report, under 'What to include in the report' select the filters you would like to apply.
- Click on the 'Show report' button.
- Once the page has refreshed with the filters applied, you will need to scroll down to see the results.
- Then select the type of file you would like to download the data as using the 'Download table data as' drop-down list. 'Excel spreadsheet' is recommended.
- Click on the 'Download' button.
- The file will automatically be saved in the Downloads folder on your computer
The following other resources are also relevant to this topic: