Moodle Help & Support
How to: Export reports and statistics for Moodle quiz
Once students have started completing a quiz in your Moodle module you can start checking completion and grades and download the results. This can be especially useful if the quiz results contribute towards the final grade for the module.
Accessing reports and statistics
- Navigate to the Moodle module you're working with
- Click on the quiz name you want reports on.
- Find the Administration block and click on Quiz administration > Results.
- Choose the report type you'd like to access.
- Grades - each student's score out of the total marks for the quiz, which questions they got correct/incorrect, and the overall average.
- Responses - each student's score out of the total marks for the quiz, which questions they got correct/incorrect, plus the response they chose.
- Statistics - tabulated statistics for average and median grade, standard deviation, score distribution (skewness and kurtosis), coefficient of internal consistency and error ration and standard error.
- Manual grading - text questions that require grading
- Within your chosen report, under What to include in the report select the filters you would like to apply.
- Click on the Show report button.
- Once the page has refreshed with the filters applied YOU WILL NEED TO SCROLL DOWN TO SEE THE RESULTS
- Then select the type of file you would like to download the data as using the Download table data as drop-down list. 'Excel spreadsheet' is recommended.
- Click on the Download button.
- The file will automatically be saved in the Downloads folder on your computer
The following other resources are also relevant to this topic:
Queries, comments or questions?
Please contact your local elearning support team.
or email: email@example.com
If you have any comments on how you think this help can be improved then please email Learning-Technologies@nottingham.ac.uk