This refers to Moodle 3.11 from August 2022 onwards
In a Signup Sheet activity with several slots created:
- Navigate to the relevant module and select the 'Signup Sheet activity'.
- On the placement screen, select 'Export signup sheet'
3. This will open a page where you are given an option as to how you want to download your signup sheet. Decide in which format you want the export to be made using the 'Select export format' from the drop-down menu and then click on the 'Download' button. The file will go to your Downloads folder
If you chose to download it in the Comma separated values (.csv) format, here is some guidance on how to import it into Excel
- Open Microsoft Excel
- Once in Excel, choose File > Open and navigate to your 'Downloads' folder
- You might not see the CSV file immediately. Use the drop-down menu in the bottom-right of the 'Open' window and change the setting to "All Files". The CSV should then appear in the folder menu.
4. Select the Signup file you downloaded and click Open
5. This will take you to the 'Text Import Wizard' where you will need to select Delimited > Comma > Finish
Your CSV will now open as an Excel spreadsheet that you can edit and customise, as you wish, before sending to students or colleagues.