This is one of many help and support pages that are available about the University of Nottingham's Moodle online learning environment. If you have any questions or queries concerning Moodle then contact information is at the bottom of this one-page sheet. Please browse or use the SEARCH box below.
Moodle Help & Support
How to: export a sign-up list from the Signup Sheet tool
Exporting to a CSV file
In a Signup Sheet activity with several slots created:
- Navigate to a module and click on the Turn editing on button (top right)
- Choose your Signup Sheet activity
- On the next screen choose [Export as CSV]
- A dialogue box will appear, choose Save File for the file (tutorial_export.csv). The file will be put in the Downloads folder.
Importing the CSV file into Excel
Open a new Excel spreadsheet. Excel may not understand what to do with the file so you need to import it in a special way.
- File, then Open, then find the Downloads folder. In the drop-down menu select All Files. Your file (tutorial_export.csv) should now be visible. Double click on this file.
- The Text Import Wizard will open with the message "The Text Wizard has determined that your data is Delimited."
- Click Next > then tick the Comma box
- Click on the Finish button
Queries, comments or questions?
Please contact your local elearning support team.
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any comments on how you think this help can be improved then please email Learning-Technologies@nottingham.ac.uk