This is one of many help and support pages that are available about the University of Nottingham's Moodle online learning environment. If you have any questions or queries concerning Moodle then contact information is at the bottom of every page.
Moodle Help & Support
This refers to Moodle 3.11 from August 2022 onwards
How to export a list of students who are placed in a group
At times you may wish to download a list of people in the groups you have created on your module (for example, to create a register). Here's how to do this.
- Navigate to the relevant module.
- Drop down the top-right 'Hamburger menu" and select Participants
3. On the next page, select 'Groups' from the dropdown list in the box to the right of 'Match' (None/Any/All) and select the relevant group.
4. When the page has refreshed to show just the group, Click the Select box to select all the members of the group
5. Scroll down to the bottom of the page
6. At "With selected users" select Microsoft Excel (.xlsx)
7. The Excel file will download for you.
The following other resources are also relevant to this topic:
- How to release resources to students at different times or in different groups
- How to edit module (course) settings
- How to send a message to groups of students or participants
- How to create a Choice activity (poll)
- How To create groups and groupings
- How to use the Signup Sheet Tool