This is one of many help and support pages that are available about the University of Nottingham's Moodle online learning environment. If you have any questions or queries concerning Moodle then contact information is at the bottom of this one-page sheet. Please browse or use the SEARCH box below.
This refers to Moodle 3.10 from August 2021 onwards
Moodle Help & Support
How to edit videos in Moodle
You can easily upload and share media files in Moodle and your students will be able to play the content back on any device.
You can also ask your students to submit media assignments. If you want to do this, please refer to the alternative documentation How to add a Video or Audio Assignment.
If you want to upload media files outside of Moodle, please refer to the alternative documentation How to use MediaSpace.
To use this guide you should be familiar with the addition of video and audio via Moodle.
- In Moodle, open the 'Hamburger menu' select the My Media option from the drop-down menu and
- Click on the pencil icon for the video you want to edit
3. Scroll up the screen and click on the 'Launch Editor' button to the right of the video
4. This opens the editor window. From here, you can use the editor to perform simple editing actions ('Split', 'Set in', 'Set out' and 'Fade in/out').
5. When you have finished, you can 'Save a Copy'
For more detail, refer to the comprehensive guide to using the video editor.
The following other resources are also relevant to this topic: