This is one of many help and support pages that are available about the University of Nottingham's Moodle online learning environment. If you have any questions or queries concerning Moodle then contact information is at the bottom of this one-page sheet. Please browse or use the SEARCH box below.
Refers to Moodle 3.4 from Sep 2018
Moodle Help & Support
How to: duplicate an item
You might want to duplicate an item - if you have settings that you would like to replicate. For example if you have a formatted Page with graphics and headings you can duplicate it and then just change the text without having to reformat it.
If you have a graphic that you would like to repeat in multiple sections, such as a line or border, simply duplicate and move the new item to the place you need it.
To duplicate an item
- With editing turned on, click the Edit text next to the item you wish to duplicate.
- This will open up some options, select Duplicate. This will duplicate the item.
Items that should NOT be duplicated
Some resources and activities CANNOT be duplicated, as the duplicate and often the original item become corrupted and will not work properly.
You should NOT duplicate or import from one module to another:
- Turnitin assignments
- Moodle Assignments with Turnitin
- SignUp Sheets
The following other resources are also relevant to this topic:
- How to add files and other resources
- How to copy or import a resource or activity (or multiple items) from one module to another