Moodle Help & Support
How to create web links
Web links are simple links to web pages or content elsewhere on Moodle (use the direct URL)
Step by step
- Navigate to your module and click on the
- The following link will appear at the bottom of every section. Click on it to add the file >
- Scroll down to the Resources section and select the radio button for 'URL' (right at the end)
- Click on the Add button
- Enter the name of the link (e.g., Higher Education Academy Website) and a description
- Type or paste in the website address (URL) in the 'External URL' field.
- In Appearance choose a display option
- Automatic - Moodle chooses the best display option
- Embed - The URL is displayed within the page below the navigation bar together with the URL description and any blocks
- in frame – The URL is displayed within a frame below the navigation bar and description
- New window – opens new browser window with usual menus and address bars (RECOMMENDED)
- Open - Only the URL is displayed in the current browser window
- In pop-up - The URL is displayed in a new browser window without menus or an address bar
- Decide if you want to Display the URL Description and click the appropriate checkbox
- Click 'Save and return to module' or 'Save and Display'.
Queries, comments or questions?
Please contact your local elearning support team.
or email: email@example.com
If you have any comments on how you think this help can be improved then please email Learning-Technologies@nottingham.ac.uk